Eastvale Fire Station No. 27
Eastvale Fire Station No. 27 was completed in 2011. The 11,000-square foot structure was designed with a “winery aesthetic” to reflect the Eastvale’s historic role in the wine industry.
IFE performed the geotechnical engineering investigation. Key issues addressed included loose and disturbed surface soil, expansive soil, and corrosive soil.
- Observation and compaction testing during site earthwork, utility trench backfill, and site paving
- Post-tensioned concrete slab inspection
- Soil testing for maximum-density, expansion, classification, corrosion, and R-value
- Concrete compressive strength testing
- Structural steel welding inspection (shop and field) and ultrasonic testing
- Reinforced concrete inspection and test cylinder fabrication
- Reinforced masonry inspection and compressive strength testing of block, prisms, mortar, and grout