Pinacate Middle School Modernization
The Pinacate Middle School Modernization Project aimed to accommodate the continual increases in student enrollment. Through modernization of existing structures and construction of additional buildings, the project reduced the stress of overcrowding and created a more effective teaching and learning environment.
IFE performed the requisite geotechnical engineering investigation and geoseismic review. Our services addressed foundation design, liquefaction, and seismically-induced settlement. Key geotechnical issues related to non-uniform soil consistencies and loose and disturbed soils near the surface of the site.
- Concrete batch plant inspection
- Reinforced masonry inspection
- Masonry compressive strength of block, prisms, mortar, and grout
- High strength bolt, nut and washer testing (tensile strength and hardness)
- Concrete compressive strength testing
- Structural steel welding inspection